Sunday, August 21, 2016

this has been an exhausting week.  We are still working on our remodel and this week was painting.  We needed to paint out ceiling and walls.  I don't do so well working over my head.  I don't know if it is a lack of arm strength but I struggle.  After work each day this week we worked on painting until it was time for bed.  I don't do well will little down time.  I feel like I'm soft for needing the down time but I do.  I was painting the ceiling while Eve was having an end of Summer party.  I'm sure it looked weird us having no drapes and me painting the ceiling.  Tiffany painted the kitchen in the morning and I tackled the family room while she was at a Stake meeting.  My back was killing when I was done but we got it finished.  the rest of the week was painting the walls which is much easier and I don't mind it so much.  I was able to watch/listen to the Olympics while I painted.  I have always enjoyed the Olympics so it has been a good distraction.  The painting is done and it looks good.  now we can have the floor guy do his job.  we need to find a place to be for 3-4 days while they do what they do.  We were hoping we could do the floor in the Summer and go to the cabin.  I will be done in September.  Grandmother found out we need a place and is expecting us to move in with her.  We'll see.  Jennie lives with her now and I don't want to intrude.

I attempted to help Mari with a wart she has had for about a year.  She has a wart on her hand that does not respond to treatment.  I had a wart years ago that I removed with a knife.  I carved at it until it was gone.  No blood and inside there were these black seeds.  I was hoping to help Mari and she is very concerned about having it gone before school starts.  I took a pin to it to see if it was tender and it was not.  I took a knife to it and it bled a bit but it did not hurt.  I eventually gave up.  I could not see what I was doing.  I think I might try to order some new treatments online and hope it helps her.

Today we had our back to school blessings.  It is always a special experience for me to provide that for my family.  I am still concerned about Emma.  She is wanting so much from her school experience that is not happening.  She wants a core group of friends but she keeps seeking it in areas that she can;t seem to get it.  She tries to break into these strong selective clicks.  She has many friends and everyone seems to know her.  She seems to be well liked but she struggles to get the results she wants to have.  I have often thought that she would do better in College.  she seems to be a bit advanced for the friends she has in school.  She is considering scholarships, a major and a career path.  Most of the other kids are more concerned about their high school distractions.  Emma has always been like this.  As her father I love it but I think it hampers her social life at times.  I can;t be prouder of her.  she has grown and developed skills that I was surprised to see.  She has gone from not being able to sing in front of us to singing at the wrong time in social scenarios.  She has a bog year ahead of her and I'm confident she will figure it all out.  I hope she gets the results she is hoping for.  I hope she feels our relationship allows us to have an open discussion about her concerns.  She very often will attempt to solve all her problems herself.  I wish she would share more so we might be able to provide direction.  Tiffany and I see the world very differently so our suggestions often are different.  Between us we should be able to provide something of value. 

No comments: