Saturday, June 7, 2008

Eyelash Accident


Eve, Eve, Eve. What will we do with you? Emma and Eve were getting ready to perform at the Art Festival with their dance groups. Their hair was done, costumes on and I was just starting to do their make-up. I was reaching to put masscarae on Eve when I noticed she didn't have any eyelashes. I nearly poked her in the eye trying to find them. I panicked. "EVE! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR BEAUTIFUL LONG EYELASHES?????" Ben came into the bathroom and he just stared at her. Too shocked to respond. Eve got up her courage and said "I... accidentally cut them." "YOU ACCIDENTLY WHAT????" "It was an accident.," Eve said. "How do you accidently place a sharp object near your eye?" She just stared at us. "Why Eve?" Eve repsonded. "They were bugging me so I cut them...I'm so sorry!"

Ode to my Eyelashes
Eyelash, Eyelash day or night,
Keep me safe from dust and light,
When my eyes is full of grit,
You're the ones what brushes it.
Now you're gone, I miss you so
Come back soon and never go
Author Unknown

6 comments:

Anna said...

lol. that's AWESOME

Scarehaircare said...

When I was Eve's age, I cut off my eyelashes, shaved off my eyebrows, and put in my mom's brown-tinted HARD contacts. When she asked my why, I told her I wanted to have a makeover. Mom had to take me to the hospital, where (after much discussion) the doctor strapped me to a table and used the suction thingie (the one they use to suction blood during surgery) to suck the hard contact out of my eye. Their big worry was scratching my eye. I just loved all of the attention. I wasn't scared a bit.

It took ages for my eyelashes and eyebrows to grow back.....

Angela said...

I just love this girl!

Katie said...

That is so funny! We haven't had that yet, but Holly did decide that Allison needed a haircut and took care of it herself. I had never imagined that someone would cut off their own eyelashes. Kids do the craziest things!

Christie said...

Ever is awesome! And she is still beautiful, even without eyelashes.

Lincoln Farrell and Marilyn Barlow said...

Oh Millie, I miss you. It is true your aunt did cut off her eyelashes but i remember the story much differently.
Dance away girl!
Grandma