Sunday, March 2, 2014

I took Hyrum out to have "The Talk" on Friday.  Tiffany had the Beehives over for an activity to counter the Youth Conference happening for the older kids.  It seemed like a good opportunity to have a guys night.  He planned the whole night.  We went and got steaks at Texas Roadhouse.  We then went to Nickelcade and won as many tickets as we could.  We ran a few errands I needed to take care of for my Stake calling.  We talked at the Stake Center.  Discussed what it means to be a man, a priesthood holder, how to take care of girls.  He was impressed and a bit overwhelmed when we were done.  We went to Redbox to get the new Thor movie but they did not have it so we went to Walmart and bought it.  We went in the basement and watched the movie until the girls went home.  I enjoyed the chance to have this discussion.  I have always felt that ensuring he understands what is expected of him ans what it means to be a priesthood holder is one of my biggest responsibilities as his Father.  He is turning out to be a good kid. 

No comments: