Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Make-Up


For Emma's 12th Birthday, Ben sponsored a makeup session for both of us at the Dillards (Lancome) makeup counter. (I don't have pictures because it's not cool to take pictures of this process in the middle of the mall) Just picture 2 very stylish ladies fussing over this adorable 12 year old girl. Emma loved every minute of it. (I had my makeup done too but it's old stuff to me...I just loved watching Emma!)


Because these makeup artists are salesman, I recognized all their tricks. Emma, on the other hand, did not. In fact, she told them, "Wow! You guys are being so nice to us...giving us all this free stuff and all". (All the free stuff they offered was only when they thought we were going to buy all $600 worth of makeup they were showing us.) When I told them that we were only going to buy a few things, their attitude towards us changed instantly and the free things disappeared (imagine that!).


Nevertheless, we did what we came to do (Makeup), and ended up with some really nice products. It was fun and informative. I learned some new makeup techniques that I hadn't known before, and Emma learned that "less is more" when it comes to makeup. She doesn't need makeup to be beautiful....but it sure is fun to put it on! She is beautiful either way!
I'm thankful for my Emma! We have fun together!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She is beautiful with or with out make up! That was the first thing Nate told me about your family--that Emma is beautiful.

What a fun time. :) I'm glad those sales ladies didn't trick you into giving them all your money.

Lincoln Farrell and Marilyn Barlow said...

What a fun time. You both look beautiful. . .and makeup is fun. Emma quit growing up - wait till I get home OK

Angela said...

I love it! She looks fantastic (not that she didn't before) but I always think a little bit of shimmer brightens up a girls eyes. She looks so much more grown up too. I thought about her that day and wondered if she actually got to wear that make up she has talked so much about to me.