Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy Sunshine


Because winter can be so cold and dreary, the days of sunshine are a treasure! Mari (true to my own heart) has a favorite place on a sunny day.


Any sunny day you will find Mari relaxing on the floor in the sun. She stays there until the sun moves. Any of you that know Mari, know that Mari doesn't stay still for long...unless she's sitting in the sun.


Mari is solar-powered (just like me). My favorite place is this very spot on the floor. I especially love it when we both lie in the sun and soak up the rays together. It's easy to close my eyes, feel the rays, and imagine I'm on a beach somewhere. The other kids love this sunny spot too. Sometimes they all try to squeeze into this spot. I'm thankful they all love the simple, beautiful, free things of life.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Me too! My sunshine spot is in my bedroom. I love to lie on the bed (I take over John's side :) ) and read a book. So relaxing.

Lincoln Farrell and Marilyn Barlow said...

Kindred spirits - me too!

Unknown said...

I love the sun too! Today was a much needed sunny day. Cute post.