Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hyrum's Adventures In Primary


Hyrum started Primary a few weeks ago. It has been one adventure after another. The first week of Primary I found him sitting all alone on the couch in the foyer, reverently folding his arms and swinging his legs (all dressed nicely in his black suit and white shirt, red tie...he looked sharp!). Surprised to find him there I asked him, "Hyrum, what are you doing?" He replied, "I missed you, Mom. I was just waiting for you to come out." I was shocked that he even knew where to find me because that was the first time that Sunday School class had met in the chapel. Then I asked him where his teacher was. His reply, "Oh, I don't know." "Okay. Where's your class?" (shrugging his shoulders) "I don't know." I gave him a hug and tried to find his class and teacher. His teacher was dashing through the halls calling for him. Needless to say, the rest of the week, our focus of conversation with Hyrum was "STAY WITH YOUR TEACHER!"


Week Last: Hyrum (this time accompanied by the Primary Secretary) came to get me out of Relief Society so I could help him use the restroom. As soon as Hyrum saw me out in the hall with him, he plopped himself down on the floor, against the wall and wouldn't get up. "Hyrum" said the Secretary, "I thought you needed to use the bathroom". Hyrum just said, "Nope, I'll just wait." "Wait for what?" I asked. "I'm waiting for the boys to come out so we can have a race." Apparently, Hyrum had confused Sunday doings with Scout/Mutual meeting doings.


We are blessed with a ward that is full of youth that adore Hyrum. Whenever he's around them, he becomes their mascot. He is never wanting for someone to play with him, or race with him or wrestle with him. He sees all these people on Sunday and thinks it's play time ANYTIME.


I love that little guy!

3 comments:

Christie said...

We love Hyrum! He's our "best buddy!"

Andrea said...

Everybody loves Hyrum! He is an amazing kid! I have never seen a child his age with more personality and charisma. He is just too cute! I love your blog. It's very fun!

Melissa said...

Tiffany,
I linked to you from Kimberly's site. You're family is so sweet! I love your page!
Melissa Tye