Monday, March 22, 2010

Mari is a Little Lamb



Mari is my little lamb with curls so blond and frizzy
But everywhere that Mari goes it puts Mom in a tizzy.

She followed Mom to school today, an exception to the rule,
While Mom was doing PTA, she disappeared at school.

Mom started in the 5th grade hall, the last place she'd been spotted
She looked through all the classrooms, (by now Mom's heart was knotted).

Mom felt so scared and sheepish; she'd lost her little lamb.
Then out comes Eve from 2nd grade hall with Mari holding hands.

Now 2nd grade was no-where near where when at first she'd vanished,
But one thing's sure, from school now on, our little lamb is banished.

But that's not all, please be assured, our day has just begun,
With Mari here and everywhere, my life is full of fun.

We came home from school that morn to find a bottle open,
A half-drunk-up and all spilled out of Children's Ibuprofen.

Now mom was still half crazy for the shenanigans at school,
But when she saw the empty bottle she nearly lost her cool.

Mom called her local Poison Control, (she calls them all the time)
They calmly reassured her that her little lamb was fine.

They said she might by drowsy (no luck with that so far)
So while I say a prayer of thanks I'll enjoy my little star.

5 comments:

Scarehaircare said...

Poison control always sent me to the ER. The ER (I'm sure it was to punish me for being such a bad mom) would then have me drink a charcoal shake to show my offending son(s) how yummy it was so they would drink one, too. I'd be picking charcoal grit out of my teeth for the rest of the day.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Lincoln Farrell and Marilyn Barlow said...

An inspired poet.

Dibble's said...

Oh Tiffany! What a frustrating and "EXCITING" day! I'm so sorry! Good for you for keeping your cool!

Kimberly said...

Love. That.

Andrea said...

Too cute! I'm sure Mari and Carol are kindred spirits.