Sunday, March 21, 2010

Another kind of Minty Fresh - by Mari

We have been told that if our little Marilyn wasn't so darn cute she wouldn't be worth all the effort it takes to keep her out of mischief. We are also aware of the "curse" given to parents that "you will have a child very much like yourself." We have fully realized this with our youngest. She is constantly into whatever, climbing, scaling, emptying, eating. We recently purchased some girls scout cookies and Mari was trying to open the box. Tiffany glanced and figured she was not a threat to the Thin Mints. She told me "she could never figure out how to open them." We gave her 5 min and checked on her. Not only had she opened them but she devoured half a sleeve. She is a very driven and persistent little angel.




Mari has a fascination with our bathroom. Whenever she can she goes in the our bathroom and empties everything on to the floor. She unravels our dental floss, empties the roll of toilet paper, toothbrushes, deodorant, combs . . . everything goes on the floor. When we asked what she is doing we get a very sweet reply "I'm helping". This was all just an inconvenience until recently.




A few weeks ago Tiffany comes to me with both of our toothbrushes in hand and not very happy. Tiffany was preparing for bed after one of Mari's attempts at helping and noticed that the toothbrushes were one the floor. She cleaned up, thinking of her cute little angel, and somewhere along the way brushed her teeth. What Tiffany neglected to notice was my deodorant, lid off, lying next to the toothbrushes with distinct toothbrush groves imprinted into it. She got a mouth full of "Arctic Edge" flavored deodorant. I laughed and sanitized the toothbrushes. A few days later Tiffany came down with the toothbrushes again asking me to guess what happened. Yep, another mouth full of deodorant, this time "Intense Sport" flavored. My first reaction was to ask what the difference is between the two flavors but I know now how to keep myself out of trouble. 13 years of marriage helps one to know when to shut the mouth. The best part about the story it that Tiffany has been burned 6 TIMES!!!! I check my toothbrush every night but Tiffany forgets occasionally and KA-POW catches one right in the kisser. The next Science Project I might recommend for our are daughters is "Does deodorant stop bad breath?" They live with a test subject that I'm sure could provide a clear perspective.

No comments: