Friday, December 4, 2009

Eve's Proposal


A few Sundays ago, Eve came to get me from Relief Society bursting with news, "Luke just asked me to marry him!"
"Oh?" I said. "What did you tell him?"
"I told him he had to go on a mission first" she giggled.

Later, Eve's Primary teacher told me that she was setting up her lesson and when she turned around, Luke was down on his knees in front of Eve (and the rest of the class) pleading with Eve to marry him.

To Eve's response, Luke said, "Please, please...but it would be Forever!"

Luke is a darling precocious boy a year older than Eve in school. I admire his guts to do what he did. Eve just giggles whenever he's around.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I suppose this is the beginning for you. Eve is super cute both out and in and I imagine this is just the first of a long line of boys that are going to try and sweep this girl off her feet. I guess it's time for Ben to dust off his mean dad face.

Melissa said...

So funny! I still laugh when I think about it. Thanks for being such good sports about it (Eve, you and Ben!)!