Friday, October 3, 2008

My Super-Hero

Ben is my super-hero. Did you know that he "saves" me all the time?! My favorite time of day is when he comes home from work. All the kids are so excited to see him. They run to him and Hyrum jumps on him. He drops his bag and wrestles with him, releasing the pent-up energy that Hyrum (and maybe Ben) stores all day. He teases the girls, which makes them feel happy and know that all is right in the world. He folds laundry, vacuums the floor, does dishes, and checks our emails regularly (a task I often get behind in).

Just last week he said, "Tiffany, it seems like YOU need a day off." I really DID need a day off. I was beginning to go crazy in the brain. He used one of his vacation days so he could stay home and be "the Mom" while I could spend the day being Tiffany.

My day-off was great! I really appreciate that Ben recognizes that I need breaks too. He made me feel pretty special by using one of his vacation days just for me. Ben is a hard and efficient worker. He is cheerful and does his duty without complaining. He makes all of our lives better. My friend, my hero! I love you Ben!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

How nice to have a day off! You deserve it! You are an amazing person and have such a neat family.

Anna said...

what a sweet husband you have. and cute kids too. I'm glad you got a day off from them so you could appreciate their cuteness even more.