Sunday, January 25, 2015

I'm not as good at journal writing as I should be.  A lot has happened since I last tried to create an entry.  Our family trip this year was to San Diego.  We went to Imperial Beach.  It was about 30 min south of San Diego.  We did a bit of driving on the trip.  We played on the beach a lot.  We visited a Navy museum inside a Battleship, Mormon Battalion visitors center, waled all around San Diego, ate expensive sea food and inexpensive seafood and could not tell the difference.  Actually the inexpensive was really good.  It was the blue something restaurant close to the airport.  We wanted to rent some body-boards but they were very asking $50 a day for two boards.  Instead we went to a  Big 5 and purchased two boards for $50 a piece.  We spent most of our time on the beach with the boards.  It took us all week before we began to understand how to use them properly.  It was fun but not very relaxing.  we were moving all the time.  there was not much down time. 

I got TIffany and iPad for her birthday.  She has been a bit reluctant with new technology.  I think it intimidates her a bit.  I thought that getting her a tablet would help.  I have no need for one but I think Tiffany could find a use.  Emma has her phone now.  She feels it is very overdue.  I feel like I need to get some protection software for our phone so I can keep tabs on her.  I will need to figure that out at some point.

We got TIffany a new van.  She wnated a Honda.  We have always purchase Dodge vans.  Honda is a massive step up and far more expensive.  We tried a lease this time and are hoping we do not regret it.  The van has a button overload.  Tiffany really likes it.

We have started a new tradition of having the kids go on a trip with a parent when they are 16.  I was hoping that if we had Emma and Tiffany go a trip together that they would be able to create memories and bond a bit.  I want Tiffany to have as much influence on Emma as possible.  Have them chat a bit on how to date, what to be aware of the next few years.  The hope is if you out two people in a battle situation that they will bond in a way that they could not otherwise.  I sent them to NY to spend four days. We had a few cheap deals for NY.  Seems like nobody wants to travel to NY in January.    They were able to see a few Broadway shows, see the sights, and experience thing together we could not have experienced otherwise.  We will be leaving in a few hours to pick them up.  I hope they were able to get as much out of this as I hoped.

No comments: