Friday, August 15, 2014

Eve had a great end of year party a few weeks ago.  She had her friends over for a food fight.  we laid painters tarps on the grass to try and keep the mess on something we could clean up.  I made a slip and slide for the kids using PVC pipe.  They were talking around the fire pit and watching a movie when a group of boys (Chandlers) gave with masks on (nylons over their heads) and sprayed silly string ont he girls.  the girls did not react the way the boys thought they would.  Rather than scream and run they chased after the boys.  Eve made it back to their truck and went on a ride with them.  Once the girls came back they wanted to get revenge so we planned to attack them with water.  We filled water balloons and put them in a tote.  When the girls got impatient they started to cut up some over ripe bananas we had purchased.  I asked James to get the boys outside.  He pulled his truck out so the boys would play basketball in the driveway.  It was really dark which allowed the girls to ninja up close and drill the boys with water.  the boys all ran.  when we got back tot he house we and expected the girls to all be there.  Nobody was at our house and the parents started to arrive to collect their kids.  He had to chat with them a bit until the girls came back.  Eve said it was awesome.

I just was promoted to a Senior Account Executive.  It is a 20K raise for doing the same work I'm already doing.  I had considered trying for a different role.  It would all be for less money but something different.  I decided to stick around for a while before I try to move on.  So far it feels right.  I'm having a good quarter so that makes a difference.  I hope it is a good thing for a while.

Tiffany and the kids are considering moving.  I'm not sure anything will come of it but it has been interesting to consider.  We like where we are we just would like a little more room.  A newer place would be nice too.  We will see.

No comments: