Friday, January 7, 2011

Behold!


Mari is sweet and charming...most of the the time....


We love her very much.


Mari has learned the art of dressing herself...


Mari is an interesting little girl. One minute she's total-girl, the next....well,


A few nights ago she informed me that she didn't want to act like a princess anymore, she wanted to be Spiderman.


She is always singing and dancing. During lunch she kept trying to sing, even with her mouth full of carrots. I kept telling her to act like a princess, not a monster (the song she was singing was more like a grovely growl than a song...but with carrots flying everywhere) She looked up at me with those blue eyes and started singing much more sweetly "We go potty and poop in the toilet. La la loo."

"Is that better Mom?"

Trying not to laugh I tried to explain that we don't talk about that kind of thing.

Looking very confused she said, "But we DO!"


Later, I was in the kitchen making dinner. I hear Mari behind me. She says, "Mom!"
I turn around to answer her and.... there she stands, pants in one hand, shirt in the other. She throws her arms out and says, "BEHOLD!"

And yes, she is completely naked!

Oh Mari. What are we to do with you?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that supergirl costume. Nate says, "That girl is awesome. I don't want her to grow up too fast."

Christie said...

My opinion:

1. What are you going to do with her? Keep her just like she is! SHe is awesome!

2."Potty and Poop" is much better in the toilet, rather than other places it could be.

3. I love, love, love you all!

Scarehaircare said...

Grinning from ear to ear. Oh, Mari, I wish we lived closer so you could spend time at my house.

Charlene and Dean's Blog said...

Mari, You are certainly a darling, smart grandchild. I so enjoyed tending you and Hyrum yesterday. You both made me smile and laugh Love all of you