Friday, July 2, 2010

Potty Training Through the Eyes of a 2 Year Old


Dear Mari decided it was time to be rid of diapers....this was not good timing for mom who is up to her neck in Girl's Camp, Landscapes, Last Week of School festivities, etc..... I mean, I'm really happy she wants to take this step, but I wasn't even going to think of Potty Training until AFTER Girl's Camp. Sweet Mari does things in her own time (I should have remembered this from her untimely birth experience) Maybe Mari just needed extra attention. Maybe this is what she was thinking:

"Wow, Mom sure looks stressed. I think she needs more Mom and Mari time. Let's see, I've already made all the messes I could think of (that's not so fun anymore cause Mom just makes me help her clean them up). Maybe we could eat candy together (ah, that won't work since Mom doesn't like candy). Play-Doh, (Done that), Coloring (Boring), The Park (Too Hot) Maybe, hum, let's see.... I've got it! Let's try going potty like a big girl and see what Mom does. This could be a fun game I haven't tried before."

Mari says: "Mom, I NEED TO GO POTTY!" Mom seems to be really happy. Maybe this WILL be a fun game. Wow, I get a potty treat AND get to do a potty dance. This is definitely my best idea yet.

15 Minutes later: Repeat game, success, potty treat and dance. Mom is dancing too. I get special princess pants.

15 Minutes later: Repeat.....on and on and on (Mom is still happy)

etc

etc

etc.

Dry pants are much better. This is GREAT!

The next day: "I wonder if this game works everywhere. Let's try it at:

The Grocery Store: (Wow, look how Mom drops everything to run and find a bathroom for ME!)
The Kids' School: (I like these little toilets)
Another Store: (Magic, this bathroom has magic toilets AND magic sinks.)
The Rodeo: (Wow, we get to go in this special blue closet. It has a really cool deep hole with blue liquid. This one doesn't flush itself...hey, I don't get to flush it at all- no fun!...Mom doesn't seem to like this one either)
Church: (I'm tired of sitting still, this is a great way to get Mom to move real fast. This also works to let me get out of Nursery to visit Mom for a minute)

"I think Mom really likes my game. She's so proud of me, especially when I stay dry. I'm sure she'll find time to get all the other things done that she needs to...Mom's never sleep after all!"

2 Weeks Dry and Counting!

3 comments:

Angela said...

I think the exchange of being busy for no diapers sounds like heaven. Says the girl with no children :)

Emma Barlow said...

Oh Mari dearest :)

Charlene and Dean's Blog said...

Family,
Mari you are a little smartie. Love you