Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hawaiian Staycation


Stressful economic times promote alternate ways of doing things.

I've been worried about Ben's huge need for a vacation and no time or money to go anywhere. Sometimes the best vacation is just knowing someone loves you enough to do something special for you; at least that's what I was hoping to accomplish.


After setting up the kitchen tiki-style, (complete with ocean waves music playing in the back ground), a mini-golf course throughout the house, (the kids golfed with us-par 2!) and ordering Rumbi grill and tropical smoothies...we set sail on our home-cruise to Hawaii.


It was fun to do a "date" like we used to before we were married! I think Ben know's that he is loved!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Oh my goodness! You are the best wife ever! I can't ever think of cute creative things to do for John. Looks super fun and it's definitely one of the best date ideas I've ever seen. I guess that's a reminder to me that I need to put on my thinking date cap and do something nice for my husband.