Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hyrum and the Big Brown Boy


Hyrum loves to play at the park. As is typical of his personality, he loves to make friends. One day we were at the park and I watched him as he was following a large darker-skinned boy. When this boy realized that he was being followed he turned around to see Hyrum. Hyrum, delighted to have his attention said, "Hello big brown boy! Do you want to play with me?" The big brown boy smiled an enormous grin and away they went to play...


At first I was concerned that maybe I wasn't teaching my children appropriate things to say to those of different ethnicity, but then I realized that Hyrum hadn't said anything offensive so I just enjoyed his spunk.


We love the big brown boys in our family...Raul and Ammon...you both rock!


No comments: